Area Agency on Aging
NECALG is the umbrella Public Non-Profit Organization for the North Eastern Area Agency on Aging, and receives an allocation from Title III of the Older American’s Act to provide a variety of eligible services in Northeastern Colorado for citizens over the age of 60.
The Annual operating budget for the N.E. Area Agency on Aging is Approx. $850,000
Funding sources include:
- Federal Government
- State Government
- Local Government
- Grants and private funding
- ADRC ( Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado)
- Project income (suggested donations for services provided to clients)
- In-Kind Donations and many volunteers
The purpose of the Area Agency on Aging is to promote opportunities for independent living among older persons in the area and to assist senior citizens to age with dignity and in place.
To assist in meeting these goals, the following services are being sponsored in each the six counties of Northeastern Colorado:
- Ombudsman Services
- Congregate meals & home delivered meals
- Frozen Meal & emergency food services
- Legal Services (more info)
- Health screening and promotion
- Grandparents raising Grandchildren assistance
- Caregiver and Respite assistance
- Outreach, Homemaker, Chore, and Material Aid service Vouchers
- Senior Dental Program for Low Income Seniors
- Senior Visually Impaired Services
- State Health Insurance Program and Medicaid Part D
- Transportation for the elderly
A regional senior citizens advisory committee reviews the proposed services and recommends the allocation of resources in the region.
A caregiver writes,
Just wanted to thank you for visiting mom. She was confused over what needed to be done and you really reassured her. I talk with her about anything she plans to do financially, but without having the paper work, it's sometimes hard. You saved me a trip from Dallas. The care and support is very much appreciated.
Another client's note on Insurance Counseling, "I am in the process of securing the necessary changes to have better medical and prescription coverage. Without your (Ms. M) valuable input, I would not have had a clue as how to proceed. Thanks for meeting with me and giving me the computer printout. I will forward my new coverage information to my family when the transition is complete. Your valuable and professional help with both frozen meals and my insurance needs have saved my life. Your superiors need to know what a crucial service you provide to the seniors in your area of responsibility."